TERMS OF SERVICE
By accessing this website, you agree that you have read and understand all information provided on this document, that you are in compliance with any applicable local laws, and that you will be bound by these terms when accessing this website or making use of its services. If you disagree with any part of these terms of service, please do not access this website.
Depending on your activities when visiting our Website or making use of our services, you may be required to agree to additional terms and conditions.
By signing up to the site or participating in GremCorps services or events you also agree to our Community Rules.
- Staff in the context of this document always refers to the group of individuals currently operating and maintaining this website and its features.We or our in the context of this document refers to GremCorps staff, the individuals who operate and maintain this website.
- Services refers to any service, feature, or function this website provides.
- Terms refer to these terms of service.
- Content refers to any images, videos, files, artwork, writing, animations, and submissions present on this website.
- You or the user, or users refers to each individual member who accesses this website.
GremCorps reserves the right to update these terms of service at any time. Updates to the terms of service may be noted in the news section of the site. By using our website or services you are agreeing to be bound by the current terms of service
This service is offered and made available only to users of 13 years or older (13 in the US, or 13 to 16 depending on country). By creating an account, using this service, or attempting to use this service you are agreeing that you are at least the minimum required age. If any account is found to be used or operated by a user under the minimum legal age of their country to access this website, the account may be terminated without notice.
This website, the images and text displayed here, and all services that are offered are intended only for those who meet the minimum legal age in their country.
Content displayed on this site may include the following:
- Fantasy violence
- Mild blood
- Mild suggestive themes
- Simulated gambling with virtual currency (cannot be purchased for real money)
- Infrequent use of strong language
By creating an account or accessing the services provided by this website, you agree that you are of the legal age in your local area to view the content listed. If you are under the age of 16 you must have consent from your parent or legal guardian to access this website. It is the responsibility of a parent or legal guardian to monitor their child's use of GremCorpsARPG.
The GremCorps staff strives to make sure this is a safe place for children. However, staff cannot always control the content produced or published by its users. If you are a parent or legal guardian who has concerns about your child accessing this website or any content displayed on this website please contact us.
- To create an account you must provide a unique username, email address, and link a valid alternate social media account. The chosen username for your GremCorps account cannot be anything vulgar, offensive, hateful, obscene, defamatory, or unlawful at the discretion of the GremCorps Staff. Usernames that contain such language may be modified or have the account associated with them banned.
- Upon registration, all information provided must be accurate and up to date and must be kept up to date in the event of a change in information. You may not impersonate or imply that you are another person or a staff member, accounts that are found to be doing so may be terminated.
- It is the user's responsibility to create a secure password and to keep it a secret from others.
- Users are not permitted to share accounts or make "joint" accounts with each other. Users using the same device or residing in the same abode should inform the GremCorps team in order to avoid infractions against their account(s).
- A single member cannot create more than one account. In the event of a ban, the banned user cannot create or use another account.
- Your account and access to your account is non-transferrable and cannot be given away, traded to, or sold to another user or person for any reason.
- The sale or trade of in-game items for monetary currency, cryptocurrency, barter, or otherwise tangible (physical) items or currency is prohibited. GremCorps in-game items cannot be sold or traded for virtual currency, items, or characters from other websites or services. In-game items from GremCorps can only be exchanged for other GremCorps in-game items, GremCorps virtual currency, or GremCorps characters. GremCorps items and currency may, however, be exchanged for artwork/commissions of non-GremCorps characters (though not for customs/adopts).
(GremCorps items refers to any of the following: on-site items, trinkets, mounts, pets, tickets, tokens, or Gibs)
- Discussions of account termination, suspension, or ban are not permitted on the service. All inquiries regarding account status should be done through the contact us section of the website or through official supported means, such as the GremCorps discord.
- You are the sole party liable for all activity conducted using your account.
- If you at any point suspect there has been a security breach on your account you must contact staff.
- GremCorps staff reserves the right to terminate, ban, or suspend any user who breaches the terms of service without notice.
- All items, virtual currency, companions, and rewards are considered a limited license for you to use while your account is open. Due to the limitations of this license in the event that your account is terminated or banned the entire inventory and virtual currency bank associated with your account is considered forfeit and you are not liable to receive compensation for any losses.
Follow all Community Guidelines.
- This website and its services may not be used for any unlawful purposes. The posting, sharing, distribution, or promotion of any illegal content is forbidden.
- Distributing, promoting, uploading, submitting, or posting any content that may be disruptive or cause harm to services is not permitted.
- Sensitive or private information regarding yourself or other individuals should not be posted.
- Harassment of other users is prohibited. Abusive, offensive, or threatening language towards individuals or groups, spamming, or directing others to do so is not permitted.
- Heavy gore, pornography, highly suggestive, fetish, and otherwise explicit ("NSFW") content at the discretion of staff is not prohibitted and submissions containing such content will be declined. This includes both written and visual works.
- All restrictions placed on characters, items, and currencies must be followed without exception. Not every character, item, and currency can be traded, sold, or exchanged freely.
- All transactions, trades, and transfers conducted are done at the user's own risk. Staff is not obligated to reimburse or compensate you in the event that another user does not provide an agreed upon payment or exchange. Any transaction organized between users is the sole responsibility of the users.
- Any form of "lending" or "co ownership" (allowing one or more users full, partial, or temporary access to something you own or have earned through this service) regarding characters, items, or currency is done at the user's own risk and is not a transaction supported by GremCorps staff. Any cases where an in-game item, currency amount, or character design does not have ownership transferred back to you due to a fraudulent trade is not the responsibility of staff.
- When conducting a sale of a character design for real life currency, that character must be eligible for sale and the sale price cannot exceed the currently listed sale price.
- GremCorps is not responsible for any user voluntarily providing their personal information to other users. We cannot control or accept responsibility for the way other users may use or manage that data. It is the user's responsibility to be mindful when making any personal information available to another user or to the public through the use of our services.
- Any content displayed on this website can be modified, edited, deleted, reclassified, or added to at any time by GremCorps staff without notice. Content and services are provided "as is" and "when available" and our services are not guaranteed to be accessible to all users at all times.
- GremCorps staff does not monitor the content displayed on or embedded in user profiles but all content displayed must follow this terms of service. Any content displayed or submitted that is found by staff to be offensive, harmful, abusive, defameatory, discriminatory, harassment, unlawful, or a breach of another's privacy may be removed or have the offending user's account terminated. GremCorps is not liable for any user-submitted content that is unlawful.
- GremCorps users retain ownership over content they submit unless otherwise stated by these terms.
- All content provided on this website or through this website's services belong to GremCorps, including test, images, templates, videos, logos, and names unless otherwise stated.
- You must not distribute, copy, modify, exploit, use or make derivative works from any content displayed on or created for this website except as explicitly permitted by GremCorps.
- All artwork displayed on this website by GremCorps staff is displayed with permission. When submitting any "MYOs", companion designs, character designs, artwork, or writing created by you, you give your consent that GremCorps staff have the ability to display, crop, edit, resize, or link to the content you submit.
- When submitting content to this website, you warrant that you have permission to use that content and that the use or display of the content will not infringe on the rights of any individual or third party.
- GremCorps staff has the ability to allow other user permissions to edit, display, crop, or resize any character design at any time for the purposes of display on this website.
- When a GremCorps character design is transferred to another user, only ownership rights are transferred. When you submit a transfer you are consenting to ownership rights being transferred with the design.
- If you close your account or are banned from using our service, we may still display any "MYOs", companion designs, character designs , artwork, and text submitted by you during the time you were using this service.
- In the event that your content has been used, displayed, or plagiarized by a user without your permission please contact staff and we may be able to remove the offending content.
USE OF SERVICES
- The exploitation of any glitches, loopholes, or bugs is not permitted. If a glitch, loophole, or bug is discovered it should not be disclosed to other users and must be reported to staff.
- The use of any scripts, bots, auto-refreshers, or third party software that is designed to, or used with, the intent to exploit the services or play the game for you is not permitted.
- The use of any third party software or services that generate excessive amounts of connections or have the possibility of damaging the site, damaging site stability, or preventing the use, function, or access of services is not permitted.
- Any account that is found to be submitting or linking to websites displaying or providing harmful or unlawful content will be terminated.
- You must not sell or lend the services or allow a third party to use or access this website or its services without the written consent of GremCorps
DISCONTINUING OF SERVICES
We reserve the right to discontinue any services on this website or close the website at any time, for any reason, without prior notice. If services are discontinued or the website is closed down permanently or temporarily, you agree to not hold us responsible or liable for any losses or damages that result from the closure. In the event of website closure or removal, you are still bound by these terms.
- We hold copyright to all contents and elements of our website and services unless otherwise stated.
- We hold copyright over our species and when you create any content involving our species or IPs you are bound by our ownership terms. We do not claim copyright of user created content.
- By creating a GremCorps character design you are giving us permission to display it on this website.
- By submitting content to this website you are giving us permission to display or provide public links to the content.
- You have the ability to "void" (essentially request that we remove) any design you have created if you currently hold ownership over the design.
- GremCorps is not required to remove, rework, or void any content created by staff or former staff that was submitted to us with the intent of being used as part of the website or services.
- GremCorps holds copyright of any of our images, templates, videos, text, logos, NPCs, and visual assets depicted in derivative works.
- GremCorps and its staff are not required to display credit to a user for any user-submitted suggestions.
- Any user working under the GremCorps IP has a right to display any GremCorps related artwork in their own personal galleries and use said artwork for promotional purposes and portfolios only.
- GremCorps does not claim the copyright of user or staff artwork.
GremCorps staff has not reviewed all links present on the site and holds no responsibility for what content linked websites may contain. We do not endorse any content present on websites linked through our service and use of these links is done at the user's own risk.
You agree to indemnify, save, and hold harmless GremCorps and its staff from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, attorneys' fees and legal expenses, arising out of your use or misuse of GremCorps, any content you post or submit, violation of these Terms, violation of the rights of another third party or entity, or any breach of the representations, warranties, and covenants made by you herein. GremCorps reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify GremCorps and you agree to cooperate with GremCorps' defense of these claims.
You acknowledge that GremCorps has no control over, does not endorse, and has no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to GremCorps or its services, what materials you access via GremCorps, what effects such materials may have on you, how you interpret or use such materials, or what actions you take as a result of having been exposed to such materials. GremCorps may contain links to websites containing content that some people may find inappropriate, harmful, or offensive. You release GremCorps from all liability for you having acquired or accessed such materials through this website.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT BY APPLICABLE LAW: GremCorps and services provided through GremCorps are provided “as-is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind either implied or expressed. GremCorps does not represent or warrant that all content or material on GremCorps are complete, error-free, reliable, accurate, or current . You understand and agree that you obtain, view, access, or download any material or data through the use of GremCorps at your own risk and that you will be solely responsible for any loss or damages that results from the download of such material or data. You assume the entire cost of any necessary servicing, repair, or correction.
Owning a GremCorps character design requires you to read the Adoptable TOS listed below.
- Owning a GremCorps character means that you hold partial rights to that specific character design. You do not hold ownership over the associated species and you do not hold full rights over the character design, even if you designed it.
- Partial rights to a character design means that you hold the ability to do the following:
- Transfer the character to another user, as long as you are in line with the character's current transfer limitations.
- Use the character on this website and for this website's services.Make edits to the character design by creating new artwork of the design within the design editing guidelines. All edits must be approved by staff before they are considered official.
- Give the character a name and backstory, as long as it is in line with the Terms of Service and character creation guidelines.
- Display the original artwork and any artwork depicting the character on this website or in an offsite online gallery if credits to the artist(s) and designer(s) are included.
- Create new artwork or writing for the character as long as it is in line with the terms of service.
- Commission another artist to create artwork or writing for the character design.
- Create "alternate" unofficial character designs based on the character designs that are not related to GremCorps or its species. (Alternate refers to "AU" or "alternate universe", meaning a different form of the character not supported by GremCorps) All alternate designs are considered likenesses to the original and cannot be transferred separately.
- By owning a GremCorps character you are agreeing that you will not do the following:
- Sell a character for real life currency if it is not able to be sold for real life currency.
- Sell a character above its listed resale price unless granted an exception.
- Attempt to sell or transfer a character design to multiple different users at one time.
- Trade or exchange a character to another user if it is not able to be traded.
- Claiming any artwork or designs as your creation if they were not created by you, or otherwise discrediting a design or piece of artwork.
- Create copies or reproductions of the design or its likeness to be transferred to other users.
- Use the character design for commercial purposes.
- Mass producing any type of merchandise depicting the character design, reproductions of the character design, or artwork of the character design.
- Using a character design for commercial purposes that are not specifically allowed by this terms of service. If you are unsure if use of a character is considered commercial, please contact staff.
- Use the character design in any way that could be harmful, offensive, obscene, defamatory, or unlawful.
- Edit or modify any artwork that is not your own without express permission from the creator. This includes removing “watermarks” or other identifying facets of the artwork.
- Claim ownership or copyright over an artist's work.
- All allowed rights to a character design transfer with the character. If a design has alternate forms, “AU” or "alternate universe" designs created by you or commissioned from another user that borrow design elements from the original design, these designs also transfer along with the character.
- The original creator of any character design, artwork, or text has the right to display the content they have created depicting that character design, artwork, or text in their online gallery or portfolio even if they do not hold ownership over the character.
- A user cannot revoke or void any GremCorps character designs they have created, submitted, or previously owned if that design has been transferred to another user. Transfers are done at your own risk, and transfer reversals are done at the discretion of staff and we are not required to transfer a character design to you in the event of a fraudulent trade or transaction.
- Voiding a character design that you currently own must be done in line with current Voiding Guidelines. Please contact staff to void a design. Staff is not required to honor any requests to void a character design.
- In the event of a chargeback on payment for a character design towards any member of staff, we reserve the right to revoke ownership of the character design and regain our original ownership. In such an event, we reserve the right to resell, redistribute, or otherwise repurpose the design as we see fit. We reserve the right to apply infractions against your account and potentially blacklist and remove your right to access this service.
- If a user is banned, they will still retain their ownership rights to any GremCorps characters they currently own unless those rights have been revoked in the event of a chargeback.
- If a design is found to contain offensive or harmful material that violates Community Guidelines after approval it must be altered to be in accordance with the current up to date Community Guidelines at a staff member's request. If changes to the design are not made within 30 days of a staff member sending the notice the user or designer (to whichever it is applicable) of the character may receive a strike or ban depending on severity of the content.
- No additional rules or terms added on to trades or resales by individual users are officially supported by Gremcorps and failure to abide by extra rules established by users is not a punishable offense by these terms by Gremcorps. Any individual trade, resale, or edit restrictions placed on a character by anyone other than staff are not officially supported or enforced by GremCorps.
PURCHASES AND SALES
- All purchases of character designs are conducted on this website, but may be advertised on or linked to through other services by the staff or users.
- You agree that you are fully responsible and liable for any fees, damages, claims, and losses that result from making purchases from, or selling to, other users found through this website and our community. And you agree that you will not hold GremCorps or its staff accountable for any fraudulent trades or sales, and that we are not required to aid you in your dispute.
- GremCorps makes use of virtual currency ("Gibbs"). These currencies cannot be purchased or sold for real life currency. GremCorps virtual currency is only for use on this website to purchase virtual GremCorps items or to be exchanged to other users for GremCorps items, GremCorps character designs, or GremCorps related artwork or writing. GremCorps virtual currency cannot be exchanged for any goods or services unrelated to the GremCorps website.
- All transactions made with or to obtain virtual currency, items, or characters when going through our virtual shops are final and non-refundable. Staff is not required to reimburse or compensate you in the event of an incorrect or false purchase. Please contact staff if there are any issues with shops or purchases.
- It is the responsibility of all parties involved in a sale/trade to fully read and understand this page as well as the sale/trade submission. In the event of a sale/trade violating these terms, everyone participating in the exchange may be held accountable.
Below are extra guidelines on top of what has been stated above in reference to designs currently apart of the GremCorps IP.
- All designs list their trade eligibility on site. The GremCorps staff is not responsible for designs with incorrectly listed trade eligibility. Users may contact any member of staff to rectify incorrectly listed trade eligibility. All official designs, their resale value, and individual trading terms can be seen on their individual masterlist entry.
- Designs currently not listed on the masterlist are ineligible for transfer for any reason.
- If a design that has been listed as “resellable” has been transferred to another user in any means other than resale, their listed value is forfeit and the design can no longer be sold.
- All designs eligible for transfer beyond “gifting” are allowed to be “vouchered” (see voucher guidelines)
- Any members of the Gremcorps team may refuse sale for any reason without explanation.
- No user may sell a design for more than the listed resale price, in the event that a design is resellable.
- GremCorps staff reserve the right to repurpose received designs to redistribute within the group in a non-profit manner.
- Purchased artworks, physical media and other such pieces do not add value to a grem. For more information, please read the Trades and Transfers in the guides.
- All payments for designs, MYO slots, customs, and other officially hosted sales are conducted through PayPal using USD, unless otherwise agreed upon prior between both the seller and purchaser of said product.
- Payment is required “upfront” in order to avail of your purchase.
- ALL sales are final. Refunds are given at the seller's discretion. Attempting to force a refund by means of chargeback or other method will result in the revoking of your purchase and potential blacklisting from the GremCorps service, as described in the Ownership section of this TOS.
- Payment plans are not a service that GremCorps provides unless specified by an individual member of staff for specified sales.